Friday, February 11, 2011

Obeying my sweet-tooth

I have a problem. Yes, the problem of giving in ....to my sugar cravings. Like I had mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I inquire about the dessert before the food at dinner parties. The past week I was successful in keeping sweets away from me. But one week is all that I can manage. It is really difficult, I am addicted to sweet treats. On a rebound, I gave in and prepared my version of suji (semolina) ladoos. Actually it can be called suji-coconut ladoos, they are cooling in the kitchen right now. As soon as I finish this post I will savor my first glorious ladoo. Here I am sharing the recipe so that someone out there might satisfy his/her sugar craving too.

Suji-Coconut Ladoo Recipe :

Ingredients:
1 cup suji ( semolina)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp rose water
1 tsp cardamom powder
1/2 + 1/4 cup dessicated coconut (dry)
1/2 cup chopped almonds and raisins
2 tbsp ghee

Method :
1. Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan,add the chopped almonds and raisins and fry on low heat.
2. Now add the suji and roast until slightly golden.
3. Add the sugar and cardamom and keep roasting for 5 minutes. The heat should be low throughout.
4. Now add the dessicated coconut, mix well and pour the milk along with the rose water.
5. Mix well and remove from the heat.
6. Let the mixture cool for a couple of minutes. Form tiny balls with the mixture and roll it in the 1/4 cup of dessicated coconut. Set aside to cool.




No comments:

Post a Comment