Quick Chili Chicken :
1 boneless chicken breast (cubed)
1 capsicum cut into cubes
7-8 green chilies slit vertically
1 tsp freshly crushed black pepper
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp ajinomoto
salt to taste
2 tbsp cornflour
1/2 cup water (optional)
1 tsp grated ginger
1tsp grated garlic
1 tbsp cooking oil
1.In a bowl mix the cubed chicken with 1 tea spoon soy sauce, cornflour, black pepper, ajinomoto and salt. Mix well and keep aside.
2. In a deep wok, heat the cooking and lightly fry the slit green chilies and grated ginger- garlic.
3. Now add the marinated chicken and stir to coat all the chicken pieces with the oil.
4. Let it cook for 5-7 minutes on a medium high flame. Stir again and add the capsicum.
5. Cover and cook on a low flame for 5 minutes. At this point you can add water to make a gravy if you like.
6. Check and adjust the seasoning, when the chicken is done turn off the heat.
7. Garnish with chopped spring onions and enjoy with steam rice (gravy version) or fried rice (dry version).
Easy Fried Rice recipe next time.....till then try your hand at the Chili Chicken.....Happy Cooking!