300g minced chicken
150g tomato puree
1 onion finely chopped
4-5 cloves garlic finely chopped
2 tomatoes finely chopped
2 tbsp chili sauce
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tsp sugar
1 bay leaf
2 tsp mixed herbs
salt and pepper according to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chili powder (optional)
6-8 instant lasagna sheets
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese or any melting cheese
For white sauce:
3 tsp flour
3 tbsp butter + 1 tsp oil
1 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp grated cheese
1. In a deep pan heat the olive oil nand saute the onion and garlic, until soft.
2. Now add the chopped tomatoes and cook. Add the minced chicken, stir well.
3. Stir in all the seasonings, cook for 5 minutes and add the sauces along with the tomato puree.Stir well , cover and cook until done.Add water if too dry , this meat sauce should have a gravy consistency.
4. To make the white sauce,on a low flame, heat butter and oil in a pan.
5. Now add the flour and keep stirring ,till the mixture changes colour slightly.
6. Add the milk slowly ,while stirring.Stir until smooth, add more milk if required.
7. Turn off the heat and mix in the seasonings and cheese.
1. Take an ovenproof rectangular dish, and grease it with olive oil. Now spread a thin layer of the meat sauce.
2. Place the lasagna sheets in a single layer with 2 mm gaps between them ( since the sheets are instant , they will expand).
3. Spread another layer of meat sauce, followed by a layer of cream sauce. Cover with the lasagna sheets.
4. Make another similar layer, if you wish and for the final layer instead of the sheets, cover the white sauce with the grated cheese.
5. Bake it in a pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes at 180C.