Bhindi Aloo Recipe :
200g tender okra
1 large potato
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp cooking oil
salt to taste
1. Wash and dry the okra, cut into 1cm thick pieces.
2. Wash and peel the potato and cut into cubes of 1cm.
3. Heat the oil in a wok and add the cubed potatoes. On medium heat fry for 4-5 mintues or until almost tender.
4. Now add all the dry ingredients, stir for well.
5. At this point add the okra. Stir lightly, cover and cook for 6-7 minutes.
6. Cook for another 4-5 minutes or until done with the lid off.
Delicious Bhindi Aloo is ready to be savored with chapatti or steam rice accompanied with dahi kadi (yoghurt curry).