This blog is for all those who lead an exciting life and would like a peek in a relatively uncomplicated and peaceful existence.In a nut shell this blog is about me but more so about my experiments with food and clothing. I assure you all these experiments are safe.
Thursday, March 13, 2014
Wow, it been a while since I came to my own blog. But life happens. ...one day you do know what to with yourself the next you don't know where time flies. The years 2012 and 2013 slipped past and here we are mid- March 2014. Phew thats something.
A lot has changed though. Daughter has grown up..she is six now. Hubby changed jobs, we shifted to a new apartment. All good, I will always be grateful to The Almighty for the life he has given me.
Hope to be regular here...Ciao for now.
I tried this delicious dessert last Saturday for our house party. It was a success, that much I can say.....So now its time to share the recipe....
Easy Fruit Trifle (Recipe)
1 sponge cake (I used ready made)
2 cups chopped fruits ( strawberry, pineapple, kiwi)
1/2 cup sugar syrup
2 cups whipped cream
1. In a bowl, mix the chopped fruits with the sugar syrup. Refrigerate.
2. Slice the cake horizontally to make two equal halves (discs).
3.In a flat bottomed glass dish place the first slice, it should fit well.
4. Take the fruits and pour the syrup in another bowl.
5. Sprinkle half of the syrup on the cake .
6. Spread 1 cup whipped cream on the moist cake.
7. Spread half of the fruit mixture on the cream evenly.
8. Cover with the other half of the cake.
9. Repeat step 5,6,and 7. Cover with cling film and refrigerate.
10. Serve chilled.