Multipurpose Green Chutney (Recipe):
1 large bunch fresh coriander, stems included
2 large bunches fresh mint, only leaves
1 cup curry leaves (optional)
1 cup celery leaves
5-6 fresh green chillies ( more if you like it spicy)
2 inch piece ginger
4-6 garlic cloves
1 tbsp roasted cumin seeds
1 tsp black pepper corns
1/2 tsp roasted carom seeds( optional)
1/2 tsp rock salt (optional)
salt to taste
juice of 2 lemons
1 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp water
pinch of sugar
1. Wash all the fresh ingredients, drain and roughly chop them.
2. Blend all the above dry and wet items together, until smooth.
3. Using the lemon juice and olive oil, as a lubricant for blending.
4. If the mixture is still too dry add little water .
5. Store in freezer proof containers and freeze until required.
6. Thaw and use as and when required.