I began by boiling 3 medium sized potatoes in a pressure cooker( I love the pressure cooker, it saves time and energy). Then realized there is no cream in the house, so looked for alternatives...it happens all the time with me. Anyway, I came up with a plan 'B'. I had unbelievable success, so here is the recipe...
Light and easy mashed potato (recipe)
2 servings, 3 if you really stretch it
3 medium sized potatoes
1/2 cup low fat high calcium milk
2 tsp butter
2 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
1. Boil the potatoes, drain and peel while the are still hot. Use a fork, to hold the hot potato.
2. Roughly chop the potatoes and put them in a food processor- chopper attachment ( I do not own a potato ricer, never needed one!).
3. Add in all the ingredients and half the milk, pulse the mixture until smooth.
4. Add some more milk if the mixture is too dry. Pulse again.
5. Adjust the salt and pepper before serving.
The potatoes must be hot / warm at all time.