Spicy Peas Pulao Recipe:
2 cups basmati rice
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 onion, sliced thinly
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 bay leaf
1 tsp garam masala or all spice
3 cups water
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp butter or Ghee
1/2 tsp ginger- garlic paste
3-4 green chillies slit
salt to taste
1. Wash and soak the rice.
2. Heat the oil in the dutch oven (handi with well-fitting lid) and the cumin seeds.
3. When the cumin crackles, add the onions and bay leaf. Fry until soft.
4. Add the ginger-garlic paste, slit chillies and fry for a minute.
5. Now add the garam masala and salt, fry for a minute
6. Now add the peas. Drain the rice and stir slowly.
7. When the rice and peas are well coated with oil, pour in the water.
8. Bring to boil and then simmer the heat. Cover partially and cook until almost all the water content evaporates.
9. Cover fully and cook for another 10 minutes, on very low heat.
10. Turn off the heat, stir once or twice with a fork and serve with raita.