Friday, February 26, 2010

FIRNI PE FIDA

Life's good , especially if I know that there is dessert after a meal. Call me what you like, but the truth is that at a party I am more interested in knowing whats for dessert rather than the main course. In fact instead of having a sweet tooth ,  all my teeth are sweet.............how about that ??!! All I need is a reason to make something sweet, I can do it at a drop of an hat.

So thanks to the great cricketing feat by Mr. Sachin Tendulkar, I celebrated by making Firni. And the reason to prepare it was basically that it requires no more than 4-5  ingredients which are readily available in any regular Indian kitchen.  So are you in mood to be firni pe fida.............




BADAAMI FIRNI RECIPE


2 tbsp basmati rice washed and sooaked
500ml milk
3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp blanched almonds (slivered)
2 tsp rose water


1. Boil the milk and keep the heat low while stirring.
2. Grind the soaked  rice (after draining) to a medium-coarse powder.
3. Add the rice powder to the milk and keep stirring on low heat until the milk     thickens and the riced is cooked.
4. Add the sugar, almonds and the rose water. Cook for  5-7 minutes and take off the heat.
5. Fill 4 dessert bowls and let it cool down to room tempreature before refrigerating. Serve chilled when slightly set. 


Earthen ware  will work wonders by further enhancing the flavour but glass is fine too.


Now that my firni has been chilled and set I will take your leave and enjoy my dessert, hope you too do the same soon and let me know .





No comments:

Post a Comment