Thursday, November 25, 2010

One task, One lesson!

I love to recycle and then reuse stuff. What i do to my clothes has been mentioned in on of the older posts. Last week again, I gave myself one such task, a new project. On one of our visits to India, we went to Ajmer and Jaipur. With just two days of stay and rainy season, street shopping (my favorite kind of shopping) was out of question. But we managed to find a Handicraft Emporium that had everything under one roof. After selecting Bandini suits and looking at some jewellery,we entered the home furnishing section. Immediately we fell in love with these two handmade quits. So soft and warm, beautiful print and above all really worth the price. Needless to say we bought them both.
Two years down the line, those same quilts looked worn out and the stitchs were giving away. I did not have the heart to give it away. So I got some material and opened up an old bed cover. Combined the two and got a cover made for one of the quilts. Now I can use the same quilt with all the memories in a new avatar. The only sad part in this whole exercise was that the tailor did not do his job to my satisfaction. But then, like it is said - If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. Lesson learnt!

No comments:

Post a Comment